COVID-19 Status Updated: 19th March 2021
We Are Open
While we’ve been available throughout the COVID-19 situation for urgent and essential services, we are now providing full service. Limited appointments are available, with extra cleaning time allocated between appointments.
Appointments are required. This is to ensure we adhere to the physical distancing requirements at all times. We are able to provide telehealth consultations for patients where appropriate.
While our practice is now operating differently, we are still available to provide expert advice and assistance.
As local family owned and operated optometry practice, we’re here to help our community.
Please don’t hesitate to make an appointment with the optometrist.
What is Urgent & Essential Eye Care?
If your situation is an emergency and requires immediate medical attention, we recommend you attend your local hospital emergency department.
Urgent and essential eye care can’t wait.
We’ve put together some details and examples of what urgent and essential eye care looks like here >>
Walk-in visitors are discouraged. We are required to limit the number of people in our practice at any one time. Please call ahead or make an appointment.
Our telephones and reception are attended between 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. If you require assistance on the weekend, please leave a message.
Outside of these hours, you are welcome to contact us and we will respond to your message as soon as possible.
We moved quickly to ensure our family business can continue to provide eye health services during and after COVID-19.
We’re confident that we have the necessary controls and disinfection procedures in place for us to continue to provide you with the best possible essential services as we deal with the new challenges ahead.
We continue to follow the guidance of the Australian Department of Health and Queensland Health to protect the health and safety of our clients and staff. We also want to let you know that we’re doing all we can to keep providing essential support and service to our best ability during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, as the situation changes, we will continue to adapt and evolve our plan. Furthermore, important developments and updates will be provided on this page.
Disinfection & Hygiene
We have always believed in a clean, tidy and sanitary Optometry practice.
Now, more than ever, we are being extra vigilant in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and disinfection. We’ve allocated additional cleaning time between all consultations.
Our number one priority is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our clients and our team. We follow all recommended procedures from the Australian Department of Health. We are applying the following measures to reduce the risk of infection:
- Maintaining high levels of hygiene practices through regular cleaning and sanitising of all rooms, desks, chairs and test equipment;
- Screening patients prior to arrival at the practice regarding their health status;
- Reducing patient overlap by scheduled appointments only;
- Reducing people in the waiting room by requesting carers, family members and friends to wait outside the practice;
- Maintaining social distancing by spacing out chairs in the waiting room;
- Removing all reading material and other non-essential items from the waiting room;
- Reducing staffing levels to essential team members only;
- Frequently washing our hands;
- Sanitising all test equipment between every patient consultation;
- Reducing unnecessary handling of frames and sunglasses and cleaning display stock prior to re-display;
- Limiting all non-essential persons entering our clinic.
Production and supplies of all regular eyewear and eye health products is currently normal. We are experiencing some delivery delays. We are using the fasted possible delivery systems available to us. If you are concerned about your access to supplies, please contact us.
Contact lenses can be ordered over the telephone, via e-mail or through our contact us page and delivered directly to you at no additional cost.